The title for this article is a bit of a stretch, but it sounded catchy. Nevertheless, this article is about the podcasts that I get a lot of value from and closely relate to my own beliefs, passions, humour and motivations for life.
Here’s a fairly exhaustive list of a selection of the podcasts that I’ve been listening to ever since podcasts began, and is a wide array everywhere from comedy to self improvement, mindfulness and meaning.
I listen to plenty more podcasts, too, but am constantly swapping and removing those which I don’t find any more value in, but with these below I remain a constant subscriber or fan.
My favourite podcasts
- The marketing and business genius of Seth Godin, explaining how the world works through meaning and culture
- Athletico Mince
- Comedy gold every single episode from the eccentric mind of Bob Mortimer and his pal Andy Dawson. It doesn’t make any sense whatsoever and that’s the joy of it
- Invisible Office Hours
- Two of my favourite internet entrepeneurial role models, Jason Zook and Paul Jarvis, talk about life and online business
- Sanctus Podcast on Mental Health
- Real honest talk about mental health.
- Seeking Wisdom
- CEO and head of marketing at Drift drop knowledge bombs about marketing and momentum in the business lane
- Smart Passive Income Podcast
- Pat Flynn helps solopreneurs build their own business and generate passive income to live a life fit for them
- Sunday Dispatches (no longer available, but his newsletters are)
- Paul Jarvis’ articles in audio form every Sunday, with short life lessons about doing creative work in online commerce
- The Adam Buxton Podcast
- Genuinely one of my favourite interviewers, Adam Buxton of the Adam & Joe Show of yesteryear holds heartfelt and straight talking interviews with some of the most interesting people in entertainment
- The Anxiety Guru Show
- Through my own anxiety battles in the past this podcast truly helped me through some of the roughest times, teaching me how to find normality in a totally frazzled mind
- The Complete Privacy & Security Podcast
- If you care about the privacy and security of your data, then these are the guys to listen to.
- The Financial Wellbeing Podcast
- “Work out what you want from life, then spend your money on that” is a key phrase they often say alongwith advice about money and wellbeing in the modern society
- The Gaffer Tapes
- The podcast where I get my fix for fantasy football and a big dose of random ridiculous banter and meaningless quizzes
- The Ground Up Show
- Matt D’Avella talks to inspiring people at the height of their game about how they got to where they are.
- The Minimalists Podcast
- A constant dose of meaningful thought and logical living in a frantic world obsessed with consumerism
- The Ricky Gervais Show & XFM Shows
- Pretty much where my podcasting membership began, one of the pioneers of the medium and one of the most hilarious things my ears will likely ever hear. Head like a shaven monkey…
- Three gaming YouTuber’s chat gaming and random funny stuff that’s going on in the world of nerd.
You’ll notice most of these links go to the Overcast page. I love using the Overcast app to listen to podcasts, it’s the most feature rich yet minimally useful app of its kind out there, so I highly recommend it.
But, of course, you can always find all the above on iTunes or anywhere else you get your audio fix.
Have a podcast to recommend? Let me know on twitter.